For many, being connected to CHEO is being part of a family. We work together as colleagues. We share a mission.
We share a desire to make a difference in the lives of children and families. We push ourselves to deliver better health care and improve outcomes.
As part of our strategic directions, we will continue to foster the One Team culture in which every employee, physician, trainee, volunteer, and partner feels part of a single team that is equipped, empowered, educated, and engaged.
By investing in the tools, training, talent and making the best use of everyone’s scope of practice, we will create an environment where we are united with purpose on a single vision.
Fostering “One Team”:
- Standardizing work to make it easier for staff to use best practices
- Providing opportunities to innovate, create, and make improvements to how we do things
- Implementing hospital-wide “Lean” initiatives
- Providing training and support to help staff take advantage of the latest technology
- Ensuring staff and physicians have a development plan in place and are provided with clear objectives and regular feedback.
- Tools for communicating and exchanging ideas
In order for CHEO to excel and reach our next level, we need to make sure we put focus not just on the items we want to improve, but on the strengths we want to preserve and bolster. And the greatest strengths we have are our people.
Our staff agree, it’s great to be part of a family, and at CHEO we want to build on that unity.